Live full and die empty.
As we reflect on the events of this week we must become sure of the ressurection of our Lord Jesus and what that means for us His faithful Witnesses
1 Peter 1:3-12 NIV
1 Peter 2:9-25
The LIFE of Christ leads us to:
- Reverance and the fear of the Lord. His imputed rigtheousness means we CAN NOT boast. “Once we were NOT a people”, “Now we ARE a people” How? “Humbled to the point of death. He didnt have to but we did. If God gives us NOTHING else but mercy He would still be good. “God’s goodness doesn’t wane on our ability to perceive it” (testimony at 24hours). Humble sobriety.
- Being Faithful Witnesses – We too are the proof of His ressurection. The transformation that has ocured in our hearts bc of the life of Christ. “translated from darkness into His marvellous light” our witness is how Christ Jesus has CHANGED us not the state He found us in. Authenticity in our walk with God is how the Word of God becomes flesh in us. Its a real part of us.
- Holy Living – 1 Peter 1:13, 1 Peter 2:11. Does are walk and pursuit of Christ inspired others to do the same, does it convict those that aren’t doing the same? Matthew 10:16
- Live Free – 1 Peter 2:16 – Do not use your freedom as a cover up for sin. Forsake your idols. Do not become ensnared again with the yoke of bondage.
Impact and legacy
- What story will be told of you?
- Kika’s legacy
- The disciples legacy
- Whats yours going to be?